Cancellation & No Show Policy
If you need to cancel for any reason, please do so at least 24 hours in advance. No shows will be charged the session fee and may be charged again to reshedule.
Can We Request Online Viewing?
- Yes! View your images for 30 days online. They will be posted just a few days after your session.
- Requires a non-refundable deposit, applied to your order if your order is placed within 30 days.
- Free family portrait session (value $295) before graduation.
- Special rates on graduation cards.
Why Are Senior Portraits Made During the Summer?
- Your yearbook staff submits senior portraits to the publisher before any other deadline. Keane Studios must meet that deadline.
- More hours are available to you during the summer.
- For outdoor portraits, the days last longer!
Why Do You Charge a Portrait Session Fee?
- Creating senior portraits requires a personalized approach and the specific skill sets of an experienced professional photographer.
- Your session fee helps pay for the photographer’s time, talent and expertise.
Why Are Senior Portraits More Expensive Than School Pictures?
- Personalized, professional session times.
- Individualized retouching and enhancements from professional in-house artists.
- Printing processes utilizing archival materials and papers.
- Customized products and finishing.
Is Keane Studios a Nationally Owned Brand?
No! We are family owned and operated. We’ve been in Carmel Valley since 1993. We have donated hundreds of thousands of dollars in goods & services locally.
Why Is Keane Studios the Official Choice?
- School Districts thoughout Southern California typically select one portrait studio to photograph seniors.
- Keane Studios has proven capable of handling over 35,000 high school seniors over the last 25 years.
- Keane Studios delivers consistent, well posed, well-cropped images to the yearbooks.
- We serve two clients - the senior family and the school yearbook.
- If you choose to have another photographer do personal images for you, you are welcome to do so. Keane Studios will still create a yearbook portrait for you.
Other Commonly Asked Questions
Are prints included with my session fee?
No. Prints are not included with your session fee. We offer individual prints and collections. You can see the complete price guide here.
Can I include my pets?
Yes! As part of your Studio Take 30 session. We’ve had dogs, cats, birds - even an iguana! Please do us a favor, though - let us know what type of pet you are bringing. We don’t want to have your pet mouse here when someone else brings their cat!
Can you help us with a frame?
Yes. We carry frames by Larson Juhl, one of the finest custom frame manufacturers.
Why should I honor your copyright?
For the same reason you learned it’s not good form to steal your classmate’s lunch money in kindergarten.
The photographers at Keane Studios have invested years of education and expense in learning their craft, the studio has invested in equipment and space, and the staff is paid to give you expert service. This is how we make our living! We could quote Federal law stating that violation of copyright is a Federal felony, but it comes down to respect. Thank you!
Why our printing techniques are different ... Giclée
A lot of time is spent in the media looking at photography as a digital medium, but digital is only one aspect. Most prints you can get quickly from your own files are not meant to last. You will start seeing fading before you're out of college. Under best conditions, they will be gone in ten or so years. Digital and conventional printing are simply not archival.
At Keane Studios, we offer only the highest quality. Like the finest museum reproductions, your images will be created with the giclée process, yielding archival pigment prints. Giclée prints are the finest grade reproductions available, with their archival pigments tested to last at least 80-100 years in normal viewing conditions.
Traditional photographic paper uses a chemical process which removes some layers, while keeping the desired colors. As such, even the best photo paper can be displayed in indirect light for a maximum of about 20 years without losing brightness and tone. Traditional papers are also thinner, measured at around 190 GSM (grams per square meter).
Classic portraits from Keane Studios are glazed and printed on double weight satin paper, which measures a full 300 GSM. Even this least expensive Keane print displays brilliantly compared to conventional papers.
Signature portraits are triple glazed and printed on fine art cotton fiber paper with a fine texture. The substrate for Signature prints is 310 GSM. Colorfastness has been tested at over 100 years.
Museum portraits are triple glazed and reproduced on acid-free, archival cotton canvas. The canvas medium used for our Museum portraits is 395 GSM, a pure cotton canvas substrate.